The Unforgiven II

Want to add something? Find something you don't think is right? Please submit it here.
Accuracy and Completeness are my top priorities.

Moderator: Moderators

The Unforgiven II

Postby damage jackal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:24 pm

On Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 pm, JimmyTheKid wrote:Hey! I just saw something on the website, and it looks like metallica played Unforgiven II 2 times. Check it out, the source is metallica.com so it's reliable :p

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=535

Cheers

On Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm, yourlastwords wrote:Don't know why that's mentioned unless they played it on a boom box! Jason and James weren't on the same continent...

from http://www.intersandman.com/octnews.html

PROMOTIONAL VISITS

Alvaro Arroyo, Chapter Head of the first Chilean chapter of the MET CLUB, Trapped Under Smog, has sent me some great news from Polygram. The band has confirmed the following promtion visits:

LARS ULRICH/KIRK HAMMETT
# November 2nd - Paris
# November 3rd - Warsaw
# November 5th - Germany
# November 6th - London
# November 7th - Madrid - Only Hammett
# November 9th - Copenhage - Only Ulrich
# There may be a possible promo day in Milan with Hammett as well

JASON NEWSTED
# November 3rd & 4th - Sao Paulo
# November 6th & 7th - Buenos Aires
# November 9th & 10th - Mexico City

Hetfield has other commitments and will not be undertaking in the promotional trip.

On Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:25 pm, yourlastwords wrote:Ran across this:

"Nov 3rd - When Lars and Kirk arrived at Warsaw airport, they were greeted by a Polish Military band (check out the pics). That band played Unforgiven2! Another highlight of the day was an instore signing session at Warsaw's largest record store. An estimated 250 people were expected to turn up, over 3,000 actually did turn up."

So... clears that up.

On Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 pm, Wraith wrote:
yourlastwords wrote:Ran across this:

"Nov 3rd - When Lars and Kirk arrived at Warsaw airport, they were greeted by a Polish Military band (check out the pics). That band played Unforgiven2! Another highlight of the day was an instore signing session at Warsaw's largest record store. An estimated 250 people were expected to turn up, over 3,000 actually did turn up."

So... clears that up.

Yeah I was just gonna say after reading that I thought it sounded like they were talking about some kind of marching band. Unforgiven II being played only once is one of the most well known pieces of trivia; there's a very specific reason they haven't played it again - if you hear the first performance, you'll understand.
damage jackal
Administrator

Return to Corrections/Additions