1986.04.20 Philadelphia, PA

Want to add something? Find something you don't think is right? Please submit it here.
Accuracy and Completeness are my top priorities.

Moderator: Moderators

1986.04.20 Philadelphia, PA

Postby damage jackal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:40 pm

On, leglessmoof » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:26 pm wrote:The setlist for 1986.04.20 Philadelphia is incorrect, according to a bootleg I found. You can download the bootleg here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PQQ4D1K4

The correct setlist, according to the bootleg:
Battery
Master of Puppets
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Ride the Lightning
Fade to Black
Seek & Destroy
Creeping Death
Am I Evil?
Damage Inc.

James says "Scanning the scene in Philly tonight" during Seek & Destroy. They only played in Philly once on the Master Of Puppets tour, so I don't see how the bootleg could be from any other show besides 1986.04.20.

Although, the bootleg does fade in and out between Ride The Lightning and Fade To Black, so it's possible that the bootleg is incomplete. But I doubt it... the setlist is very similar to other setlists from the same time period (see 1986.04.17 and 1986.04.21). So without any proof to the contrary, I'd say this setlist is correct.

Unfortunately, the old/incorrect setlist was listed as the premiere of The Thing That Should Not Be, so I guess that's likely incorrect now?

On, Wraith » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:22 am wrote:Currently all the major databases (metallica.com, metpage.org, chapterinc.com) have the same setlist as here, but it seems plausible, I will look into it.

On, Wraith » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 am wrote:This is as far as we can tell legitimate so this setlist has now been changed.
damage jackal
Administrator

Return to Corrections/Additions