1983.08.28 Las Cruces, NM

Want to add something? Find something you don't think is right? Please submit it here.
Accuracy and Completeness are my top priorities.

Moderator: Moderators

1983.08.28 Las Cruces, NM

Postby damage jackal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:47 pm

On Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 pm, Wraith wrote:Found out Ktulu was played at this show, making it the new known premiere. Updated the site accordingly.

http://www.metlists.com/Setlists1983.htm#aug28

On Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:35 pm, yourlastwords wrote:Ktulu was played as a medley with Phantom Lord from Aug 28 - Sept 3, when it was known as "When Hell Freezes Over". It was only the first 3:15 or so, before the changeover. Probably played before 8/28 but we don't know that because of the lack of setlists.

On Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:04 am, Wraith wrote:
yourlastwords wrote:Ktulu was played as a medley with Phantom Lord from Aug 28 - Sept 3, when it was known as "When Hell Freezes Over". It was only the first 3:15 or so, before the changeover. Probably played before 8/28 but we don't know that because of the lack of setlists.

I listened to it and believe it counts, and more importantly the good folks at Metallica.com have it listed, which is what prompted me to change it. You're right that it was probably played earlier, theres a lot of missing sets in a row in that patch.

On Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:21 pm, yourlastwords wrote:The metallica.com setlists also list it as being played through Sept. 2.

On Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:24 pm, Wraith wrote:
yourlastwords wrote:The metallica.com setlists also list it as being played through Sept. 2.

I know, I plan on getting to that. The discrepancy is because it's listed as "Hell Freezes Over" a lot back in those days and sometimes it was more of a jam than a play, but I will be adding all of those dates.
damage jackal
Administrator

Return to Corrections/Additions