Your Dream-Setlists?

This forum is for any other discussion about Metallica

Moderator: Moderators

Your Dream-Setlists?

Postby The-Story-so-far » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:42 am

What`s your Dream-Setlist?
I will go to the Arnheim-Gig next week and it would be freaking awesome when they`d play a Setlist like this here:

The Ecstasy of Gold
Dyer`s Eve
Master of Puppets
Fade to black
Wherever I may roam
(New Song)
Harvester of Sorrow
King Nothing
For whom the Bell tolls
Sad but true
One
Seek and destroy
The Memory remains or No Leaf clover
The shortest Straw
Welcome Home
Until it sleeps (except "Nothing else sucks")
Whiplash
- - - - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Creeping Death
Enter Sandman
Battery
- - - - - - - - - -
Damage, Inc. or So what?!
The Struggle within [debut]

yes, that would be great!! smilethumb
The-Story-so-far
Frantic

Postby MetKing » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:38 am

K man Im game

How about this

Fight Fire With Fire
Four Horseman
Disposable Heroes
Sanitarium(Welcome Home)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Bleeding Me
Whiskey In The Jar
My World
Sad But True
Fade To Black
Whiplash
---
Seek&Destroy
The Thing That Should Not Be
Creeping Death
---
Shortest Straw
Battery
---
Breadfan
Damage Inc.
MetKing
Don't Tread On Me

Postby Wraith » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:20 am

I prefer the rarities, I don't like seeing the same thing 6 thousand times - this is not a setlist for newbies, but fuck em anyway....this is what I'd love to see. Bands pander to newbies way too much. Im not picking them BECAUSE theyre rare, Im just picking what I most want to hear right now. (All songs played in full...no cop outs)

Hit The Lights
Shortest Straw
And Justice For All
My World
The Unnamed Feeling
------------------
Unforgiven
Unforgiven II
------------------
Whiplash
Carpe Diem Baby
Orion
2x4
The Call Of Ktulu
------------------
Trapped Under Ice
Am I Evil?
My Friend Of Misery
Creeping Death
Struggle Within
Dyers Eve
------------------
The Outlaw Torn
Fixxxer

And just so you know I certainly didn't throw this together lightly:

Hit The Lights is just the greatest opener, I think...can't beat it. Wish they'd play it more. 95 times in 25 years is not enough!
Shortest Straw is one of my overall favorite songs, I was severely pissed off when I heard they tuned but didn't play it in San Jose.
Justice is a tough song to fit into a setlist, but with the right crowd (Clubbers in SF or LA) would be nice to see live.
My World is my 2nd favorite off of St. Anger and from the DVD looks fun to play, I can't understand why they haven't tried to play it....also looks like it would have a lot of potential for crowd interaction.
For those who haven't seen Unnamed Feeling live, it's incredible...so much better than on the disc. James really gets into it and really gives the song some feeling. Dunno why they stopped playing that after I saw it in Fresno.
The Unforgivens back to back is something I have wanted to see since Reload came out. I don't even care if I'm in attendance, I would love to just see that one on TV! I still wonder if the reason Unforgiven II hasnt been played more than once is that Metallica is still scarred by the last performance. That performance was horrific, no doubt, but it's a lot better song than most people give it credit for.
Whiplash is a great song to bust into after a break. It's an old thrash song, it's quick and upbeat, and a lot of people know it - gets the pits going in a hurry. Another one they've mysteriously not played in a while.
Carpe Diem is a very underrated song I think, and one I'm always singing along with when I'm listening to the loads.
Everyone knows how great Orion is, I thought it would fit good here in the setlist because it will be a musical lift after a mostly rhythmic song like Carpe Diem, and 2x4 will speed it up a notch afterwards.
2x4 is the most puzzling of the songs that is never played. When it came out it was touted as a single and was one of the first known songs from the loads. I figured this one would be overplayed like Fuel or something, but they played it 9 times and never did again...bizarre. It's nice and simple, and best of all, has violent subject matter!
Ktulu is one of the best live songs they've ever written. I love how they used to play it sped up and a little thrashier than on the album..gives Rob a chance to show off his chops too just like Orion. Also gives James' vocals a break before Trapped Under Ice, which is a little stressful when sung correctly.
Trapped Under Ice is one of Metallica's most overall underrated songs I think. Very metal! I wish they'd play it somewhere other than Chicago for once.
Am I Evil is played quite a bit but the second half hasn't been played in decades, which is a shame because to me it's the best part - right after the break it's like it just kicks itself into overdrive and proceeds to beat your ass over the head with that quick drum beat.
Would love to see Rob play My Friend Of Misery. To those who say it's "Jason's Song" I say he gave up his rights when he left the band.
Creeping Death is the one Metallica song that no matter how much it's played (And it's played more than ANY other song - 1,087 times to date) I never ever get sick of it, I sing along every time.
Struggle Within I want to hear because it has what is in my opinion Metallica's best solo. I watched the video of Kirk tracking it in the studio and have been dying to see it live ever since.
Do I really need to explain Dyers Eve? It's Dyers fuckin eve man, if you don't know why I want to hear that live, then you're reading the wrong post my friend.
Yeah, the 2 song encore is like 20 minutes long, I know. This show that I'm envisioning would be a very special one, and probably would be played in SF or LA, so Fixxxer and Outlaw are two monster emotional epics. In hind sight I might put Ktulu in the last spot, put Fixxxer before it, and put Outlaw in the spot Ktulu is in...this might work better because Ktulu has a real good crescendo at the end and would make a better closer. Fixxxer is an incredible song, but now that I think about it probably wouldn't be a good closer.
Wraith
Webmaster

Postby MetKing » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Best of Metallica KEA-AJFA

Blackened
Four Horseman
...And Justice For All Jam
Ride The Lightning
Fade To Black
Whiplash
The Thing That Should Not Be
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Harvester of Sorrow
Orion/To Live Is To Die/Call of Ktulu Medley
Sanitarium(Welcome Home)
Creeping Death
Battery
---
Seek&Destroy
One
Master of Puppets
---
Hit The Lights
MetKing
Don't Tread On Me

Postby The-Story-so-far » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:59 pm

good Points, wraith! But for me, there would be TOO many rarities.

this here would be awesome for next World-Tour:

The Ecstasy of Gold
New Song 1
Master of Puppets
Wherever I may roam
Fade to black
New Song 2
Harvester of Sorrow
Eye of the Beholder
New Somg 3
For whom the Bell tolls
- - - - - - - - - -
whole "Garage Days re-revisited" :D
- - - - - - - - - -
Seek and destroy
One
Sad but true
Whiplash
Creeping Death
- - - - - - - - - -
Battery
Enter Sandman
The-Story-so-far
Frantic

Postby Wraith » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:42 am

The-Story-so-far wrote:there would be TOO many rarities
Any other way would defeat the point.
Wraith
Webmaster

Postby MetKing » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:33 am

what do u guys think of my Best of Setlist?
MetKing
Don't Tread On Me

Postby Wraith » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:05 am

MetKing wrote:what do u guys think of my Best of Setlist?
Which one?
Wraith
Webmaster

Postby The-Story-so-far » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:32 am

Wraith wrote:
MetKing wrote:what do u guys think of my Best of Setlist?
Which one?

the one he posted over mine.

It`s not bad, but I think we need to work a little bit at the order of the songs biggrin
The-Story-so-far
Frantic

Postby Wraith » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:09 pm

He posted 2 setlists, a regular one and a best of one
Wraith
Webmaster

Next

Return to Metallica