"The New Song"

This forum is for any other discussion about Metallica

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Whiplash » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:19 pm

So has anyone heard the LiveMet version yet?
Whiplash
Frantic

Postby Wraith » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:09 pm

Nope. Will let you know.
I'm the nothing face that plants the bomb and strolls away
I'm the one who doesn't look quite right as children play
Wraith
Webmaster

Postby Teamtallica » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:32 am

I have three out of four Livemet versions of the new one (Berlin, Arnhem, Donington) Sound is excellent, I think Donington is probably the best and clearest version of the song.

My personal opinion; some very cool ideas, some excellent riffs but way too many ideas in one song, way too long and (some people will not like to hear this) it's obviously a St.Anger left over. I think Rick Rubin could do a lot of good to it cutting it down to say 5 mins and streamlining it a bit. Otherwise great that they played a new one ! wink
Teamtallica
Don't Tread On Me

Postby Wraith » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:06 am

I think it's a lot better than most of the St. Anger stuff. I'm not a huge fan of St. Anger, the only songs I listen to off of it frequently are My World and Unnamed Feeling.
I'm the nothing face that plants the bomb and strolls away
I'm the one who doesn't look quite right as children play
Wraith
Webmaster

Postby Whiplash » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Teamtallica wrote:My personal opinion; some very cool ideas, some excellent riffs but way too many ideas in one song, way too long and (some people will not like to hear this) it's obviously a St.Anger left over. I think Rick Rubin could do a lot of good to it cutting it down to say 5 mins and streamlining it a bit. Otherwise great that they played a new one ! wink

I was gonna say the same thing when I heard the early audio boot of it (its debut in Berlin) It had a sort of St. Anger type feel to it.
Whiplash
Frantic

Postby Whiplash » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:03 am

I just recently saw a version of it on YouTube from the June 8 show in Arnhem - that was really cool especially the part where they've just finished the intro and Rob said hes got the wrong bass guitar and tells the crowd to hold on till they get the right bass player. mutley
Whiplash
Frantic

Postby Teamtallica » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:21 pm

I was there when it happened and it was prett hilarious indeed ! Especially when Rob mentioned that they were going to bring out the right bass player instead of bass guitar ! wink
Teamtallica
Don't Tread On Me

Postby Whiplash » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:44 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Teamtallica wrote:My personal opinion; some very cool ideas, some excellent riffs but way too many ideas in one song, way too long and (some people will not like to hear this) it's obviously a St.Anger left over. I think Rick Rubin could do a lot of good to it cutting it down to say 5 mins and streamlining it a bit. Otherwise great that they played a new one ! wink

I was gonna say the same thing when I heard the early audio boot of it (its debut in Berlin) It had a sort of St. Anger type feel to it.

Your right the song does drag on a bit (9 and a half minutes or so) No doubt it'll get chopped down a bit in pre-production.
Whiplash
Frantic

Previous

Return to Metallica